Source: Clausing Industrial, Inc.
The big lathes in the CLAUSING/Colchester family are top of the line when it comes to productivity.
Clausing Industrial, Inc.hes in the CLAUSING/Colchester family are top of the line when it comes to productivity. They'll handle your large capacity through-bore work, and they'll do it faster and more accurately, from pipe threading to heavy-duty engineering production work
With a 30" swing over the bed, the 30" lathes come in your choice of 60", 88", 120", or 160" center distances. The large 6 5/8" diameter bore accepts 6 1/2" oil casing pipe, making it suitable for many petrochemical applications. CLAUSING/Colchester's tail end flange meets oil industry needs for mounting a 20" three-jaw self-centering chuck.
The totally enclosed universal gearbox provides a complete range of English and metric threads. Operating on the sliding gear principle, the gearbox features firm, positive engagement by means of a dial selector mechanism, optimizing through power and minimizing wear.
Twenty speeds, from 10-800 rpm, give you all the range you need for a wide variety of turning requirements. The CLAUSING/Colchester 30" lathe...traditional quality and productivity... on a large scale.
- Precision headstock, with all gears hardened and ground. 20 speeds, 10 to 800 rpm, in geometric progression.
- Spindle is guaranteed to turn round within .0001".
- Large 6 5/8" bar capacity. 11" A2 Spindle Nose.
- Universal English and metric gearbox.
- Jog facility for easy gear engagement
- Multi-plate hydraulic clutches for efficient starting and reversing of spindle
- Fail-safe electromagnetic spindle brake
- Forced lubrication system
- Precision Garnet spindle bearings
- Forward, stop, and reverse of spindle controlled by saddle-mounted pushbuttons
- Rapid traverse of both axes
<%=company%>, 1819 Pitcher Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007; Tel: 616-345-7155. Fax: 616-345-5945.