MC Machinery will be showcasing the new FV five-axis fiber laser, featuring the fastest processing in Mitsubishi Electric’s history, at FABTECH 2023 in Booth A2123.
FABTECH will take place Sept. 11 through Sept. 14 at McCormick Place in Chicago. MC Machinery/Mitsubishi Laser is a platinum sponsor of FABTECH, North America’s largest metal forming, fabricating, welding and finishing event.
Other highlights at the MC Machinery booth will include the 12-kilowatt and new 20-kilowatt GX-F ADVANCED artificial intelligence-enabled fiber laser and the latest in press brake and laser automation systems. The two newest additions to the GX-F ADVANCED Series will be connected to the SmartFlex Element Type R automation system and the ASTES4 High Speed Advanced laser sorting system.
Several press brakes and press brake automation will be displayed and available for live demonstrations, including:
- Mitsubishi Diamond Series BH – Hybrid Press Brake (BH 1353) with Automatic Tool Changer (ATC) and VIDERE digital operating support system
- Mitsubishi Diamond Series BB – Electric Press Brake (BB 4013) with Iris Plus Angle Measurement System (AMS)
- Mitsubishi Diamond Series BB – Electric Press Brake (BB 6020) with Mitsubishi LM13 Movable Robotic Cell
- Mitsubishi Diamond Series BB – Electric Press Brake (BB 6020) with Fast Bend Robotic Cell
- ADIRA PA Plus – Hydraulic Press Brake (PA 2204)
The Mitsubishi FV Five-Axis Fiber Laser
Along with a fiber optic laser, the FV uses an innovative double-rail gantry motion system for high-speed, accurate cutting and 4.0G H-axis acceleration for high-speed height sensing—a combination that delivers the fastest processing in Mitsubishi Electric’s history. The FV’s major components are all made by Mitsubishi, including the oscillator and new platform X frame, meaning Mitsubishi Laser is the single source for service and support.
This high-performance laser cutting system combines Mitsubishi’s latest developments in machine, CNC control and automated material handling system technologies.
Other features include:
- An open architecture fixture table, allowing for easy access to cut parts and loading/unloading of material
- Magnetic crash protection, which provides faster recovery time, prevents the need for mechanical or optical alignment and reduces the risk of drive system damage.
- The advanced M800 control system, which improves processing speed and accuracy. New control features include a customizable home page, expanded cutting condition library and robust maintenance screens.
- The Mitsubishi Laser oscillator, which offers maximum processing capability with back reflection beam isolation and beam mode stabilization technology.
Newest Additions to GX-F ADVANCED Series
Since its introduction in 2021, the GX-F ADVANCED Series has earned rave reviews from customers, who praise its energy efficiency, fast and stable processing, and intuitive AI technology that makes it easy to use for operators of all skill levels—especially valuable because of the ongoing shortage of skilled manufacturing workers. The 12-kilowatt and new 20-kilowatt GX-F ADVANCED lasers have gas-reduction technology that uses up to 77 percent less nitrogen while delivering maximum power.
The SmartFlex Element Type R has a small footprint that makes it perfect for shops with limited production space that still need high-volume, lights-out capabilities. ￼
The ASTES4 High Speed Advanced laser sorting system is a solution for fabricators facing worker shortages and bottlenecks resulting from the increased productivity of higher-volume fiber lasers. The high-speed modular sorting solution significantly maximizes the productivity and efficiency of downstream operations.
Click the button below to check out our FABTECH page with product videos and detailed information! We hope to see you there! (https://www.mcmachinery.com/fabtech-2023/).