The Sunnen MHS is a new concept in cost-efficient bore sizing and finishing. The only one of its kind, the MHS is a high-production, high-performance, completely modular honing system, totally different
The Sunnen MHS is a new concept in cost-efficient bore sizing and finishing. The only one of its kind, the MHS is a high-production, high-performance, completely modular honing system, totally different from anything available on the market today. Plus, it costs considerably less than dedicated, one-of-a-kind machines.
The modular concept allows individual systems to be custom configured to meet your exact honing specifications using standard modules, greatly improving reliability, serviceability and delivery time. The foundation of the MHS system revolves around standard vertical honing modules that can be configured in any combination. There are two types of honing modules available: Single Stroke Honing modules which use single-pass plated diamond tooling, and KROSSGRINDING modules which utilize Sunnen's in-process expandable, plated diamond KROSSGRINDING tooling or metal bond superabrasive tooling.
The MHS Modular Honing System provides some of the most advanced bore sizing and finishing solutions available today
- Modular design for wide-range versatility
- Systems can be quickly designed and manufactured
- Service parts readily available from stock
- Separate external electrical system
- Allows for gaging systems to be added anywhere in the honing process
- Honing precision maintained by highly sophisticated PC processor
- Menu-driven programming
- Central lube system
- Electro-mechanical operation - no hydraulics